T&Cs - Grooming and Daycare
Here at Darlo Dogs we feel incredibly fortunate to be able to spend our days with other people's dogs, a huge responsibility that isn't taken lightly, so therefore the SAFETY of all our dogs comes first.
Our grooming friends need to be flea free. Darlo Dogs reserves the right to refuse a haircut and compensation of $50 plus the amount of the groom will be charged if your dog has fleas. Your dog must not have any communicable illness such as gastro or be coughing when they come for a groom.
For our daycare guests at Darlo Dogs it is a necessary requirement to undergo a temperament trial prior to being allowed to participate in daycare activities. This is for the safety of all staff and dogs and to ease puppies into daycare. The temperament trial is for a minimum of 3 hours. During this period we monitor the dogs body language, posturing, and reactions during the first critical social interaction. Then they are gradually integrated into one of our supervised play groups that best suits their personality. Dogs that are not settling and display anxious and stressed behaviour will not be integrate for their own well-being and we will discuss whether daycare is the best option with you. Dogs that become over excited are given some timeout before rejoining the group. Anti-social and aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated.
Groups are decided based on factors such energy levels and temperament. This is done carefully and at a pace within each dogs comfort level as we want to make their transition into the pack as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Our terms and conditions are as follows......
1. My dog(s) must be in good general health and not be suffering from any communicable diseases. My dog must be clear of fleas and ticks. Darlo Dogs will not groom your dog if they are carrying fleas, quarantine them and compensation of $50 for loss of trade taken.
2. I acknowledge that cancellation for grooming is without penalty up to 48 hours before my appointment. If i cancel after this time Darlo Dogs reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee or the cost of the groom for lost service. All no-shows will be required to prepay for grooming on the next visit.
3. I understand that matted hair and knot removal is painful for my dog. Darlo Dogs will do everything they can to 'save' a coat but if after 30 mins they will clip the hair short. I acknowledge that i have one opportunity only to bring a severely matted dog to be groomed. Darlo Dogs reserves the right to refuse a severely matted dog on the second visit for the health and well-being of the animal. I acknowledge that regular grooming avoids mats and tangle and makes for a much more pleasant experience for my dog. I accept there is a de-matting fee/ a poor coat condition fee that is added to the final cost.
1. My dog(s) must be in good general health and that i must provide proof of their current C3 vaccinations for all baby puppies or C5 vaccinations for older dogs in order for my dog(s) to attend daycare at Darlo Dogs. I must inform Darlo Dogs if my dog has been infected with any communicable disease. We accept young puppies at Darlo Dogs who are sufficiently vaccinated to be around other full vaccinated dogs. I acknowledge that any risk associated with exposing a puppy to fully vaccinated dogs lies with me and not Darlo Dogs.
2. If my dog(s) requires any medication for any condition, i must supply the medication with specific written dosage instructions from my vet. In the event of illness, I authorise Darlo Dogs staff to take my dog(s) to our recommended vet ('VetHQ Darlinghurst, 350 Victoria St, Darlinghurst') for any emergency treatment that is required. I agree to pay in full any vet expenses upon collection of my dog(s) from Darlo Dogs.
3. I must inform Darlo Dogs of any known behaviour problems that my dog(s) may have, including but not limited to, excessive barking, dominance, mounting, anxiety etc. Darlo Dogs uses positive reinforcement for behaviour. When behaviour requires it however, Darlo Dogs uses safe and gentle corrective methods such a verbal commands, water sprays and time out rooms. Daycare may not be suitable for all dogs and Darlo Dogs and its employees reserves the right to refuse any dog that displays unsociable or damaging behaviour. Highly anxious dogs are not suited to daycare but we can provide professional contacts to help deal with this condition.
4. Darlo Dogs is a small dog daycare and therefore reserves the right to refuse members based on size, temperament or play style .
5. Any dog found to be aggressive will not be accommodated at Darlo Dogs. Any behaviour deemed dangerous or inappropriate by Darlo Dogs may result in my dog(s) being isolated in the facility. The refused further visits.
6. All dogs must approach, enter and leave the facility on a lead at all times. All dogs at Darlo Dogs must wear a collar with identity at all times when attending daycare.
7. Darlo Dogs is a cage free environment and whereby dogs interact and play directly with one another off leash under supervision. Every dog reacts differently and animals, by natural, can be unpredictable and therefore present a certain level of risk. I acknowledge and understand that there are certain risks involved in daycare, including but not limited to injuries to people, and animals. Darlo Dogs staff will administer first aid if required to all minor injuries and notify me of said injury when i pick up my dog(s).
8. I understand that Darlo Dogs pick up time is any time BY 6pm . If I do not pick up my dog(s) by 6pm there may be a late fee of $2 charged for every minute, $5 per minute for repeat offenders and you may be asked to find another daycare.
9. I acknowledge that Darlo Dogs fees for daycare are to be paid in advanced. I acknowledge that Darlo Dogs Grooming payment will be taken prior to my dogs groom.
10. I accept that i must pre-book my dogs attendance for daycare at Darlo Dogs as there is a counter for the number of dogs allowed each session. I acknowledge that a 'no show' or cancellation after 7:30am on the day will result in not having payment or credit refunded.
11. I hereby release any responsibility of Darlo Dogs and its employees for any disease or parasite (including paralysis tick or canine influenza), injury, death, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever that may occur to my dog while in the care of Darlo Dogs. I fully release and indemnify Darlo Dogs and its employees from all such liability including all costs, loss, damage and expenses (including all veterinary, medical and/or legal costs) incurred as a result of or in connection with my dog (s) being in the care and control of Darlo Dogs. Packs for dogs playing and tumbling, like kids, may incur accidental injuries.
12. I acknowledge that all photographic images or digital recordings taken of the facility, dogs, customers and staff, together with their prints and their copyrights therein are the property of Darlo Dogs. I authorise Darlo Dogs to reproduce/alter the images in print or electronic format without compensation to me and i waive the right to approve the finished image.
13. I acknowledge that I have been included to receive the occasional newsletter and update. We will never spam you but do find by emailing it ensures everyone is abreast of any changes, information and events. You can easily unsubscribe from the email that's sent.
Daycare Rescheduling and Cancellation
Thank you for choosing Darlo Dogs and supporting your local small business. We understand that life can throw up the occasional obstacle and plans change. We will always respectfully work with you and make alternative arrangements.
Plans can change, however, if your dog has been booked in for daycare they are then taking up a space. Therefore;
- rescheduling/cancel before 7:30am on the day is permitted and your credit will be returned. However, cancelling after 7:30am on the day of daycare you will forfeit your credit or moneys paid.
- reschedule/cancel at ease from your confirmation email or send a text before 7:30am on the day to reschedule/cancel.
**No refunds will be permitted after 7:30am on the day
Grooming Rescheduling, Cancellation and No Show
We provide a professional grooming service with individual attention to every dog. Time is allocated per groom with a qualified and caring groomer dedicated to give you the best service possible whilst always keeping your dog's well-being in mind. As we have an appointment based grooming system once a groom is booked the allocated time is taken. Therefore;
- we have pre/full payment for every new groom booked.
- rescheduling/cancelling a groom is permitted up to the day before your booking.
- We're very happy to refund if you change your mind up to the day before your booking. As this is a manual process please shoot us a text/email to be sure we've seen the notification.
- reminder emails and texts are automated "no-reply" messages and sent 5 days and/or 24 hours before
- if you fail to show up to a grooming appointment or cancel on the day of booking you will be charged the full amount of the groom
Sydney locals trust us to look after their beloved dogs like they were our own. We are professionals dedicated to providing the highest level of dog daycare and grooming